- Visit: www.usu.edu/graduateschool/
- On-line Application: www.usu.edu/graduateschool/apply/
- Know names and email addresses for 3 recommenders.
The names and e-mail addresses of your recommenders are required on the application. Once the application is submitted, the School of Graduate Studies will notify your recommenders and ask them to send their letters electronically. Recommendation letters will not be reviewed unless they are submitted this way.
Each letter must address the applicant's potential for success in the proposed graduate degree program. If you have been enrolled in school during the last 5 years, at least 2 of the letters must come from people who are familiar with you and can make an authoritative assessment of your recent academic progress and success.
Register to take an admissions test
To register for a test, visit the School of Graduate Studies or call USU Testing Services at (435) 797-1004, or learn more about the GRE, GMAT, and MAT online: http://www.ets.org/ .
Get a qualifying score
A score at or above the 40th percentile on the appropriate admissions test is required. Some departments require a higher score.
Have your score sent
Test scores must be sent directly to the School of Graduate Studies by the testing agency. The institutional code for Utah State University is 4857 (GRE) or 2273 (MAT). The scores must be received before an application is considered complete.
*International students should take either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) and have the score sent directly to the School of Graduare Studies by the testing service :www.usu.edu/graduateschool/apply/international_students.cfm
- An official transcript must be ordered from each previously attended college and/or university (except USU) and must be sent directly from each institution to USU's School of Graduate Studies (0900 Old Main Hill, Logan, UT 84322-0900). Transcripts must be submitted for all courses above the high school level and for all prior degrees.
Transcripts accumulated on one record are not acceptable. Transcripts submitted as application credentials become the property of the School of Graduate Studies and will not be returned to the applicant.
- Send recommendations letters, transcripts and test results to USU School of Graduate Studies.
- Graduate School Assambles Aplication file.
Department of Mathematics & Statistics reviews files.
- Acceptance Letters and Assistanship offers sent to students.
- Student return TA Contracts to Department of Mathematics & Statistics.
- Begin advisement for fall.